Re: Historical Yield Stress

My AISC 6th Edition ($7.00), which I apparently obtained in 1963 had W18x60 listed.   About that time I think that A7 steel was being phased out and A36 was coming into the projects that I was working with.

My 5th Edition calls out the steel as W18x7.5, so is apparently when the designations changed.  This manual cost me $3.50 and was purchased from Levinsons in Sacramento.

The 6th Edition has values for steels from 36 ksi through 50 ksi with the allowable unit stresses.

Neil Moore, SE, SECB
neil moore and associates
shingle springs, california