Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Cantilevered Bolts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Cantilevered Bolts
- From: "Jim Lutz" <Jim.Lutz(--nospam--at)bhcconsultants.com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:34:27 -0800
Title: Cantilevered Bolts
There is a suggested strength design procedure for cantilevered bolts in the Hilti catalog, The reaction is assumed to act below the surface of the concrete and they recommend a washer and nut at the surface of the concrete in addition to whatever you are using at the supported piece. This is in section 188.8.131.52 of the 2006 catalog I have on the shelf, but I suspect you will find something similar in the current on-line catalog. I don’t know if they have built this in to their free Profis software or not.
Jim Lutz, P.E., S.E.
Senior Structural Engineer
1601 Fifth Avenue, Suite 500
Seattle, WA 98101
This email and all attachments are confidential. For further information about emails sent to or from BHC Consultants or if you have received this email in error, please refer to Email Disclaimer
- Prev by Subject: Cantilevered Bolts
- Next by Subject: Career Days
- Previous by thread: Cantilevered Bolts
- Next by thread: Our aim is to improve your health