Cantilevered Bolts

Title: Cantilevered Bolts

There is a suggested strength design procedure for cantilevered bolts in the Hilti catalog, The reaction is assumed to act below the surface of the concrete and they recommend a washer and nut at the surface of the concrete in addition to whatever you are using at the supported piece. This is in section 4.1.9.8 of the 2006 catalog I have on the shelf, but I suspect you will find something similar in the current on-line catalog. I dont know if they have built this in to their free Profis software or not.

Jim Lutz, P.E., S.E.

Senior Structural Engineer

BHC Consultants

1601 Fifth Avenue, Suite 500

Seattle, WA  98101

Ph: 206-505-3400

Fax: 206-505-3406

www.bhcconsultants.com

This email and all attachments are confidential. For further information about emails sent to or from BHC Consultants or if you have received this email in error, please refer to Email Disclaimer