Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:12:39 +0300
Subject: Calculation of Av in API 65 and PIP STE0320
From: ashraf.manjappara(--nospam--at)gmail.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Hello,
We are designing some tank foundationss as per API 650 and PIP standrad STE0320 May 2005- Guidelines for Tank Foundation Designs.
How to calculate Av which is the maximum vertical seismic acceleration mentioned in STE0320?. Is it Av=0.2SDS x density of liquid?.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
regards
Ashraf