Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Calculation of Av in API 65 and PIP STE0320[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Calculation of Av in API 65 and PIP STE0320
- From: Ashraf Manjappara <ashraf.manjappara(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:52:56 +0300
This is an area on which I have had some involvement. I would refer you to the following paper:
Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 8, 2004 "The Vertical-to-Horizontal Response Spectral Ratio and Tentative Procedures for Developing Simplified V/H and Vertical Design Spectra" by Bozorgnia and Campbell.
There will be a methodology presented in the ASCE 7-10 and will be from the NEHRP.
The Av determination is contained in the 2009 NEHRP Provisions and Commentary.
Bozorgnia and Campbell studied thousands of earthquake records to determine V/H ratios relative to fault proximity. It is NOT 0.2SDS.
Regards, Harold Sprague
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:12:39 +0300
Subject: Calculation of Av in API 65 and PIP STE0320
Hello,We are designing some tank foundationss as per API 650 and PIP standrad STE0320 May 2005- Guidelines for Tank Foundation Designs.
How to calculate Av which is the maximum vertical seismic acceleration mentioned in STE0320?. Is it Av=0.2SDS x density of liquid?.Thanks in advance for any feedback.regardsAshraf
Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Calculation of Av in API 65 and PIP STE0320
- Next by Subject: Calculations
- Previous by thread: RE: Calculation of Av in API 65 and PIP STE0320
- Next by thread: RE: Calculation -seismic factor