Traffic Engineering Codes

I have discovered extremely dangerous signal behavior that I am struggling
to describe to my local Department of Public Works. I do not believe the
signal nor the controller to be malfunctioning. From my research I can best
describe the behavior as entrapment in a protected/permitted scheme. What's
troubles me most is that this same behavior could exist most anywhere in the
U.S., if not the world. I won't bore the list with further details, but I
would like to contact somebody in a position of authority in the traffic
engineering code making community and if anyone might be able to help I
would appreciate it so that I may clear my head of this.

Thanks in advance,

Michel Blangy, P.E.