Re: Stitch Welding - Staggered vs. Directly Opposite

Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. wrote:

Having said that, I have never seen staggered welds on a cap channel ( i have been involved with cranes etc since 1970) but that does not mean you can't do it.
I have...but it doesn't really make any sense, because the parallel welds are so far apart from one another, with no chance of having the HAZ of the one interfere with that of the other. To my mind, at least, that was always the only argument in favor of staggering the "stitch welds."