http://en.smath.info/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=100
Regards,
Alex.

On 10 March 2010 02:21, Joseph R. Grill <vveng(--nospam--at)cableone.net> wrote:
Thank You!  Hopefully it will turn into a number of reports with minor
changes from one to another.
Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 3:15 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: written report with equations.

On Mar 9, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Joseph R. Grill wrote:

> This may seem a bit basic, but I am hoping I can put together a
> written report which will include type written equations which will
> show correct notations, roman numerals, superscripts, subscripts
> etc etc.  Just as soon not have to purchase anything.  Any
> suggestions?
Depends on whether you've purchased Microsoft Word already. If you
have, you've already got what it takes. There are cheaper word
processors and you'll have a learning curve to use the program
features to do what you want. You need to decide how many reports
with equations and subscripts and such that you'll ever write. If
you're only going to do one, then Word is overkill, and you should
probably do it manually or with a typewriter. If you figure you'll be
doing more than 2 or 3 reports, it's worth learning Word.

There are cheaper word processors out there and ways of forming
equations and subscripts from built-in math symbols, but it takes
time to learn how to do it well. Just don't forget that the fancier
the typography the longer the learning curve. You can try open source
word processors <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Category:Free_word_processors> like OpenOffice.org Writer which
apparently does all that stuff or maybe Google Docs has what you
need. They all have advantages and disadvantages that you'll have to
assess for yourself.

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com   | this distance" (last words of Gen.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/members/chrisw/

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org