Re: Diagonal rod bracing

Well, you could you super-duper conservative and design for R = 1.0 along the line of bracing.  The superstructure would be wood shearwalls or steel frames deigned for their respective modification factor.  the old CBC of '01 had rod bracing systems.  I don't know why you would be able to argue for an equivalent R factor based on '07 CBC.  Good luck.