Re: Mounting Fencing on Structural Steel

You can weld post holders to the top flange of the W beams and have the grating cut to bypass the holders.  If the fence is offset and beyond the edge of the flange of the W beams, you can add shear tabs to the webs with the post holders welded/bolted to the tabs.

g r wrote:
I have a second floor mezzanine who's floor framing is structural steel (wide flanges) and metal floor grate.  I need to mount an 8' fence around the perimeter.

Can anyone provide any suggestions on how to do this?

Anyone have any fencing manufacturers they can recommend that would be able to answer questions and help provide recommended details, etc.?

Thanks in advance!!