From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)umich.edu]
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2010 11:12 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: written report with equations.

To me, this is the biggest reason why I would try to stick with Word for
now.  Since Microsoft is more widely used and more common than Open Office,
I would say it is likely a bit more "future resistant" and also makes it
easier to share the documents with others if need be.  If you do not need to
share the document (such that others can edit the formulas), then Open
Office might still be a good choice as it is likely to be around for a
while.

The point is keep in mind whether you will need to share this document with
others and also keep a mind to being able to edit the stuff down the road.
The big advantage of Word (for now) is that because it is such the
"standard", you should be able to easily share the document and it will
likely be around for a good while down the road.

Regards,

Scott

On Mar 10, 2010, at 12:33 PM, Christopher Wright wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2010, at 9:01 AM, Joseph R. Grill wrote:
>
>> I want to thank you all for your input.  I think I will try Word or maybe
>> Open Office since one I have and the other is free.  May be frustrating
at
>> first, but I think they would provide a nice report.
> Word has the advantage of being something of a standard and has evolved to
meet a lot of varying needs.