SIP spec

Regarding engineered design of SIPs, the SIPA code report is
fundamentally different from all other reports--it is currently the only
code report that provides engineering properties for SIP panels. And,
unlike all other reports, the load tables in this report are based
entirely on engineering mechanics--not a summary of a single test.

To complement the SIPA report is a design guide (also on SIPAs web site)
which provides detailed information with respect to SIP behavior, such
as limits states and conditions effecting strength.  More importantly,
the design guide provides continuous functions which can be used to
determine the strength of a SIP for particular applications.

If you are designing a SIP project I recommend you check it out.  Even
if the SIP supplier isn't on the SIPA report, the behavioral information
can be very valuable.  Also, if you need help with engineered design
using the design guide, a manual of design examples also exists.  This
manual addresses typical design situations and provides step-by-step
calculations with commentary.  The guide of design examples does not
appear to be on SIPAs site, but you can contact me directly if you would
like a copy.

If you obtain a copy of the design guide and have any questions or
suggestions for improvement please contact me directly.

Regards,

Eric Tompos, P.E.
NTA, Inc.

by MailMarshal