Eureka!!

A million thanks to Gregg Fogelman for this link.

It comes closest to what I was looking for in a software for creating cartoons for those with ideas but absolutely no free hand drawing talent.

There are some limitaitons of course but I can live with them.
Best of all its free!  You don't even have to download any software. Everything is done online.

I did some warming up exercises to get my feet wet using this software.

I will practice this in the coming days and weeks and I hope I can produce something funny.

Regards to all
Vish