Re: Requirements for PE Sealing for Fabricated Material

It's a good point that someone else raised about this being, not the SEoR, but the engineer for a specialty fabricator.

However, I would also point out that this IS an "original design" in the sense that there were no members sized on these walkways on the engineer's drawings. The walkways are fabricated items - in this case fabbed from aluminum - and the only design work is represented on the fabricator's drawings and the calcs that were submitted with the approval package.

I could go either way on this.

BTW, I don't think there is a "building official" because like so many things I deal with this is a "non-building" structure that happens to be located in Chesapeake Bay, of all places.

So, conundrum.