Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Requirements for PE Sealing for Fabricated Material

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
That depends on whether somebody is asking for sealed calculations/drawings.

For a structure requiring a permit issued by an in-state regulatory
authority, you most likely require in-state licensed professional ... unless
the element under question is part of a larger assembly for which there is
an "EOR" who does not require it for your element.

For something that is not regulated, it probably doesn't matter who sealed
it. The question then becomes whether the owner is satisfied with the design
basis, the qualifications of the designer and whether they want a
declaration (e.g. seal) on the documents.

The issue of equipment design comes to mind as an example. You don't ask the
foreign pump manufacturer for a TX seal.


> From: "bill(--nospam--at)" <bill(--nospam--at)>
> To: "<seaint(--nospam--at)>" <seaint(--nospam--at)>
> Subject: Requirements for PE Sealing for Fabricated Material

> I've got some calculations for some steel items that will be fabricated and
> assembled in one state, but permanently installed in another.
> It seems to me that the seal on the calculations should be for the state where
> they will be installed, but in this case the engineer's seal is for the state
> in which they are being fabricated.
> Does it matter?

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********