Re: Requirements for PE Sealing for Fabricated Material

Bill,
That depends on whether somebody is asking for sealed calculations/drawings.

For a structure requiring a permit issued by an in-state regulatory
authority, you most likely require in-state licensed professional ... unless
the element under question is part of a larger assembly for which there is
an "EOR" who does not require it for your element.

For something that is not regulated, it probably doesn't matter who sealed
it. The question then becomes whether the owner is satisfied with the design
basis, the qualifications of the designer and whether they want a
declaration (e.g. seal) on the documents.

The issue of equipment design comes to mind as an example. You don't ask the
foreign pump manufacturer for a TX seal.

Regards
Paul