Re: Perforated Metal

Richard,
It really depends on the function and aesthetic.

Tension net if large deflections can be aesthetically tolerated (don't
forget the catenary forces to the supports).

Bending, otherwise.

As for design, it depends on how sophisticated you need to get. It may be
sufficient to do a one way beam analysis. Consider the section properties to
be the net properties over a unit width. There's always Roark's for
restrained plate analysis.

Ultimately, it may be less time/expense and more "feel good" comfort to rig
a test with some sandbags.

Regards
Paul
--