RE: Nominal lumber specifications

Thanks to all that replied to my post. I think I now have enough info.
-----Original Message-----
From: Showalter, Buddy [mailto:Buddy_Showalter(--nospam--at)afandpa.org]On Behalf Of AWC Info
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:37 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Nominal lumber specifications

The 1944 NDS® paragraph 200-C discusses net sizes versus nominal sizes: http://www.awc.org/Standards/nds.html#archives

The first Department of Commerce Voluntary Product Standard PS20 for dimension lumber was established in 1970. That was the first recognized “national” standard.

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media

American Wood Council

1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
202-463-2769
www.awc.org

AWC logo w tagline

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard. Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.