Structural Irregularity and ASCE 16.2.2

I have a structure with horizontal structural irregularity type 4. Per Table 12.3-1 it references compliance with Section 16.2.2. Section 16.2 is Nonlinear Response History Procedure. It seems excessive to require nonlinear response history vs a response spectrum analysis. What am I missing?

Also why is Table 12.3-1 referencing 16.2.2? Shouldn't the reference be to 16.2?

Dan