Col Stirrups

I recently saw a photo of a failed column from the Chile EQ.

In our concrete standard, CSA A23.4, "the bend for stirrups shall be min 135
unless concrete is restrained from spalling .".  I.e. bent into the column
body.

Does the IBC/UBC have a similar requirement?

The photo showed a square column with column stirrups that only overlapped
with a 90 hook . so unless they (Chile codes) have a waiver that allows 90
then it appears to have been constructed wrong built wrong . ?

Victoria, BC
Canada