RE: Unusual Joist Designation

Adam,

Being that Harold called me out:

Go to this link and then start looking at the different joist figures starting on page 6 of the PDF:

http://www.structuremag.org/Archives/2009-6/C-EngrNotebook-Antiquated9a-Stuart-June-09.pdf

If you find a figure that looks like your joists return to Tables 1 & 2 of the article and cross reference the Figure number to the joist description.

Let me know what type joist you think you have and I’ll look and see if I have an available load table and I’ll send you a copy.

Structural Division Manager

Pennoni Associates Inc.
One Drexel Plaza
3001 Market Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Office 215-222-3000 x7895 | Direct 215-254-7895
Fax 215-222-0789 | Mobile 908-309-8657

Please visit our new website!