OC Category - CBC Table 1604.A.5

Chapter 16A of the CBC is pretty clear on occupancy categories.

In plain ol' Chapter 16, a line appears that does not in 16A regarding "health care facilities with an occupant load of 50 or more." which would be OC=III. See Table 1604.5 compared to 1604.A.5

For OSHPD II (wood framed buildings - single story) you are kicked out of the A chapters in to regular building code. So the OC III would kick in for many buildings but not in the "more stringent" A chapters.

Anyone come across this or am I interpreting something wrong. To me a Health Care Facility could be a clinic, rest home, eye doctor's office etc....

-gm