From: Adam Vakiener [mailto:avakiener(--nospam--at)southernae.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:59 AM
To: Stuart, Matthew
Cc: SEAINT
Subject: Unusual Joist Designation

Matthew,

Thank you for your offer to help.  I was able to find more information on the joist specification for my project.  The joists are specified on the drawings as long span joists as manufactured by the Haven Busch Company.  If you have access to a load table for these joists I would love to have it.

I actually have a copy of the article on open web steel joists that you wrote for Structure Magazine and was going to contact you directly to see if you had any guidance on this issue.  I have made copies of almost all of the "Antiquated Structural Systems" articles and appreciate your efforts in writing them.

--
Adam Vakiener, P.E.
Structural Engineer