From: Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. [mailto:design(--nospam--at)hodgsoneng.ca]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:35 AM
To: SEAINT Mail List
Subject: Uplift Pressure of Wet Concrete?

List,

I'm currently working with some 1980mm (78" dia.) penstocks at an old
hydro plant that are being renovated or replaced.

I have to design the temporary tie-downs at the thrust blocks or support

points when they pour concrete around them.  I did a similar project
about 15 years ago but I can't find my reference material.

Does anybody know the uplift pressure (buoyancy) of wet concrete?

Gary