That was with version 7.  I have version 8, but have not checked to see if they made it easier to deal with such stuff or not.

If you have a nice uniform, straight forward structure where all the floors/roofs line up (i.e. floor levels are at same elevations), then I would say it should work rather well.  Beyond that, it might be a bit more problematic.

Scott

On Apr 20, 2010, at 12:26 PM, Joseph R. Grill wrote:

I am mostly interested in the shear wall module.  I have a large, several story building to do with both wind (I think including torsion) and seismic.  If it works fairly well, it could save me a ton of time.
Joe

Joseph R. Grill, PE
Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC

From: Thor Tandy [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:12 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Woodworks software

I use it mainly for beams and cols.  I find it quick and easy to do simple beams and cols.  The output is easy to understand and printout is usually 1 page for me.

In the past I tried but found the concept layouts hard to do but that may have been improved.  I haven’t used the shear wall module to any extent.

What would you like to know?

Victoria, BC
Canada