Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Woodworks software[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Woodworks software
- From: Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)umich.edu>
- Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:01:29 -0400
|I played with the shearwall module some. It works fairly well as long as your structural is not too strange. If you have floors and/or roofs that are not throughout the whole structure and at the same elevation, then you will typically have to "kludge" it. I tried it with a customer house that had multiple, slightly different roof elevations, which it could not deal with. So, I have to basically enter all the roof elevations (i.e. top of wall) at the same height.|
That was with version 7. I have version 8, but have not checked to see if they made it easier to deal with such stuff or not.
If you have a nice uniform, straight forward structure where all the floors/roofs line up (i.e. floor levels are at same elevations), then I would say it should work rather well. Beyond that, it might be a bit more problematic.
On Apr 20, 2010, at 12:26 PM, Joseph R. Grill wrote:
- Prev by Subject: RE: Woodworks software
- Next by Subject: Re: Woodworks software
- Previous by thread: RE: Woodworks software
- Next by thread: Re: Woodworks software