Re: Woodworks software

I have not used the lateral package, though other posts in the past on SEAINT have indicated that it is limited/frustrating if your structure is not a regular plan with full diaphragms at every level. Most of those discussions are from 2-3 versions ago, and advances may have been made.

The column and (especially) beam sizing program is worth its weight in gold - I paid for the full suite just to get the sizer program and feel I've gotten my moneys worth - though it would be nice if it were easier to enter custom materials, or if they would create a database of more of the proprietary items.  It is, by far, the fastest and easiest way to run lumber. The only thing I don't like is how it calculates it's concentrated load check (2kips) - it always seems to generate higher loads per joist than I would use if analyzing by hand, but that's easily corrected by modifying the input parameters.

If you're interested in RISA, contact me offline.

Jordan