From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Wed, Apr 28, 2010 9:54 am
Subject: Re: 1997 UBC, Section 1621.1, Uplift & Overturning

Farzin,

I believe you might be referring to ASCE 7-05 Section 12.13.4, "Reduction of Foundation Overturning".

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

fsrahbar(--nospam--at)aol.com
04/28/2010 09:21 AM
Please respond to seaint
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
1997 UBC, Section 1621.1, Uplift & Overturning

1997 UBC, allowed a 1/3 reduction when combining uplift and overturning.

Does anyone know if anything similar to this is in IBC, ASCE, CBC?? I haven't found anything.

Thank you,

Farzin S. Rahbar, SE

Vice President
David C. Weiss Structural Engineer & Associates, Inc.
(818) 227-8040 Ex. 13 Fax: (818) 227-8041