Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: wind tunell[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: wind tunell
- From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 01:42:32 +0000
This is true. It also gives the designer the opportunity to make relatively minor changes to reduce local cladding loads.|
Regards, Harold Sprague
Subject: RE: wind tunell
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 04:52:58 +0000
If the 40 story building is concrete, wind will never govern for the main building design if you are in zone 2A or above. It has to be a really odd shape even in zone 1 (or notional loads for BS users) for wind to govern the design of the main structure.
However, the glass and cladding designer will absolutely need to know how the forces get distributed for his elements. I have seen local loads in excess of six times the average load in some buildings.
Syed A Masroor
Cons Str Engrs
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:15:44 -0700
Subject: wind tunell
yes i am referring to wind tunnel testing for 40 storey building
columns are rcc
From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
Sent: Wed, April 28, 2010 4:49:18 PM
Subject: RE: Request for IS 9178 & IS 11592
1. Are you referring to wind tunnel testing or what is essentially vortex effect?
2. Are your columns steel, composite, or reinforced concrete?
Regards, Harold Sprague
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 02:19:31 -0700
Subject: Fw: Request for IS 9178 & IS 11592
we are working in high rise building please can any explain what is significence of following
1. wind tunneling
2. Axial shortening of columns
thanks in advance
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Mr.Bhimani <mrbhimani(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
To: engineeringcivil(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org; general(--nospam--at)sefindia.org
Sent: Wed, April 21, 2010 3:45:03 PM
Subject: Request for IS 9178 & IS 11592
Can any one provide me the link for IS 9178 & IS 11592 to download. or through mail if possible.
Thanks in advance.
The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail. Get busy.
Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn more.
- Prev by Subject: RE: wind tunell
- Next by Subject: Women polled reveal preference for long and hard
- Previous by thread: RE: wind tunell
- Next by thread: Lateral resistance system for wood buliding in high seismic zone