From: SEAInt05(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Chemical Resistant Slab Sealer
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 08:50:37 -0500

Harold,

Thanks for the response.  The slab is partially exposed to the elements.  It is covered by a PEMB and open on all 4 sides.  It is located in TX so the extreme cold temperature affect is not critical.

I contacted SIKA and they did not have a product.  I will look into the other manufacturers you list.  The hardest part will be the permeability.  This is an EPA issue.   I’m supposed to certify the product used meets the hydraulic conductivity requires.  Apparently though manufacture’s don’t test this characteristic.  It’s a small area for a small producer so custom tests are a big expense for them.  Why the EPA puts out a requirement that is not a commonly measured by product manufacturers is a bit of a mystery.

Rich