Re: Seismic Slenderness ratios for Steel columns

The definition of Pu is the required strength of member using LRFD load combinations. On the instances that the code does not require you to consider amplified load combination, it specifically says so (see 8.2 and 9.6a). Since the footnote in table I-8-1 does not specifically excludes the amplified load combination, my interpretation is that you need to consider it.

Ben Yousefi, SE

Los Angeles, CA