Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: oil leak

Daryl:

That think tank has been going on for more than a month, but it is organized through the industry itself, not through Obama and his dummies.

The best effort so far is the current one, injecting drilling mud under very high pressure, followed by cementing.  Although this has never before been attempted in such deep water,  BP tonight is putting the odds of success at 60-70%.  Success means totally stopping the flow.

I worked in the offshore and arctic oil industry for a dozen years right out of college.  Don't underestimate BP and the other major oil companies.  They have lots and lots of very smart folks with lots and lots of experience.  The hurdles are that they are tackling a problem that the industry has never tackled before.  When the pressure is so high that gas turns into solid crystals, innovation is required.  BP has been innovating relentlessly 24/7 since the blowout.

Stan Caldwell
Plano, Texas