Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Case 3 Wind Loads[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Case 3 Wind Loads
- From: "Joseph R. Grill" <vveng(--nospam--at)cableone.net>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:56:24 -0700
Kind of an elementary question, but this is the first time I have had to deal with this. ASCE Case 3 wind loads are 75% of the design wind loads acting on both axes at the same time. Is this 75% of the factored wind load in the load combinations. For example load combination 3 uses .8WL. For Wind load Case 3 would the factored wind load be .75WL or (.8x.75)WL.
Joseph R. Grill, PE
- Prev by Subject: Re: career question
- Next by Subject: Re: Case 3 Wind Loads
- Previous by thread: Re: seaint Digest for 31 May 2010
- Next by thread: Re: Case 3 Wind Loads