Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: Plan review

Stan Caldwell related a building/roof failure some years ago due to the scuppers in the CMU wall parapet being set a course too high.  The additional 8" of water was enough to lead to a roof collapse.  Perhaps something similar is the reviewer's concern.

Jason Christensen wrote:

I just received a city structural plan review from Reno, so if there are any of you from that area please help me out.

One of the comments was: ?Ammended Appendix D UPC 2006 of the City of Reno requires 3? per rain fall calculations for roof design?.  I looked up this amendment and see that it is a plumbing code that requires 3?/hour of rain fall.  I have combed though IBC and ASCE 7 and cannot find any requirement that deals with rainfall on roof loading other than Chapter 8 of ASCE 7 and that section does not deal with a inches/hour rainfall.   I have called the city reviewer for a few days now and cannot get a return call, so I am hoping someone on this list from Reno area might know what this is about.

Jason