Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Riveted Flat Bar Open Web Steel Joists[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Riveted Flat Bar Open Web Steel Joists
- From: "Stuart, Matthew" <MStuart(--nospam--at)Pennoni.com>
- Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:49:45 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
I’ve run across what appears to be an open web steel joist with flat bar webs riveted to double angle chords.
My contact at SJI does not have any information on this type of joist.
I can analyze the members using the field measured cross sections using assumed material strengths based on the age of the structure, but I was wondering if anyone has run across this type of joist before. I have a couple of pictures I can send you if you are interested in seeing what I’m talking about.
Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., F.ASCE, SECB
Pennoni Associates Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Revit Structure Proficiency Testing
- Next by Subject: Roof Deck Live Loads
- Previous by thread: Gyroids
- Next by thread: Kurt Gustafson - AISC