Riveted Flat Bar Open Web Steel Joists

I’ve run across what appears to be an open web steel joist with flat bar webs riveted to double angle chords.

My contact at SJI does not have any information on this type of joist.

I can analyze the members using the field measured cross sections using assumed material strengths based on the age of the structure, but I was wondering if anyone has run across this type of joist before. I have a couple of pictures I can send you if you are interested in seeing what I’m talking about.

Structural Division Manager

Pennoni Associates Inc.
One Drexel Plaza
3001 Market Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Office 215-222-3000 x7895 | Direct 215-254-7895
Fax 215-222-0789 | Mobile 908-309-8657

Please visit our new website!