RE: Possible Enercalc Load Combination Problem

Adam,

I’ve found that enercalc is very buggy anymore (seems like they switched from basic/C to maybe java(?) and it didn’t migrate well), and the software needs to be restarted frequently to trust the results.

Hence, save and restart the software to see if this fixes your problem.  Otherwise send a mail to their support (if you’ve purchased the support for the latest release…)

From: Adam Vakiener [mailto:avakiener(--nospam--at)southernae.com]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:40 AM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Possible Enercalc Load Combination Problem

I recently installed Enercalc 6.1.50 on my computer.  It appears that the beam design module is now incorrectly using the ASD load combinations from the 2006 IBC, when analyzing/designing steel beams using the LRFD method as well as concrete beams.  Has anyone else noticed this problem?

--
Adam Vakiener, P.E.
Structural Engineer