pole structure connections

I am working on  a project that includes a canopy shade structure supported by a single pole.  The pole is welded to a base plate that is anchored to a concrete footing.  (not possible to embed pole in concrete).  The pole has architectural limits on size, but at that dimension, I have double capacity when subjected to a 1g lateral load and am also within code displacement limits (0.02)h (sx).

However, the pole oscillates when pushed on.  Do I need to be concerned with fatigue at the joint of the pole to the plate?  Should I spec a special electrode for that joint?  The model is similar to the pole structures that support light in parking lots or street intersections - is anything special done in those instances for welding and material space?

Thank you,

Paul Franceschi, S.E.