Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Seawall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Seawall
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:01:05 -0700
We do a lot of marine engineering including seawall inspections. What you have is typically called a cyclopean wall. Most of those that we have inspected and are as old as yours suffer from deteriorating concrete. I recommend a full inspection first, maybe do some pilot bores where your piles will be located.
Do you plan on grouting the piles into the seawall? Or leaving a space for relative movements? I can see a lot of flexibility in the 10” pipe piles relative to the wall.
That’s all I have for now.
- From: IRV FRUCHTMAN
- Prev by Subject: Re: Seawall
- Next by Subject: Section 1630B of CBC 1995
- Previous by thread: Re: Seawall
- Next by thread: Laced - beam and unbraced length