Re: Tack Welding for Rebar

        Thomas and Gerard are correct. For years I had a #9 A615 bar in the corner of my office which had been tack welded to the crossing bars of a cage. I was talking with a GCs PM who mentioned in passing they had welded the cage together. I told him hed better take it all apart and explained the metallurgical notch that the heat of welding had created. He had one of his men start pulling on the bars and I promptly got my souvenir. The PM next told his crew to double up all the bars and use tie wire.