Re: Stainless Steel Threaded Rods

I was just quoting from the ICC ESR for the Hilti epoxy system.  If that's is what is needed for their product, so be it...

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Jim Getaz <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com> wrote:
        Larry and David,
                I hope you or your owner do not have to pay for 316 if you do not need to. Type 304 is adequate for most purposes and is cheaper. However, the 2% molybdenum in 316 is essential for highly corrosive environments, such as pulp and paper, and some food processing wash-down chemicals. And 316L may be required for those.
        HTH,
        Jim Getaz

--
David Topete, SE