PE Stamped Shop Drawings

Listers,

Where can I find a code or standard provision about a requirement for shop drawings to be signed and stamped by a PE?  A shop inspector in one of our job insists that shop drwgs be stamped before start of  any inspection. Apparently, it was not required by the building official and some parts of the building which was done by other fabricator did not have PE stamped drawings.

Thx,

Milo Zabala