RE: PE Stamped Shop Drawings

On another note – may be a dumb question, but could he be asking for just an approval stamp?  Most wont release the work until the GC, Architect and EOR have stamped “approved” on the drawings.

From: milo zabala [mailto:milozabala(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:50 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: PE Stamped Shop Drawings

Listers,

Where can I find a code or standard provision about a requirement for shop drawings to be signed and stamped by a PE?  A shop inspector in one of our job insists that shop drwgs be stamped before start of  any inspection. Apparently, it was not required by the building official and some parts of the building which was done by other fabricator did not have PE stamped drawings.

Thx,

Milo Zabala