Re: Tension Only "X Bracing

If tension only braced frames are now prohibited, why do all the pre-engineered metal buildings provide tension only rod bracing in the longitudinal direction?  In my area we are typically in seismic design category D.  Just curious how they would be getting around this.  I am not at the office, so I haven’t been able to look in the AISC 340-05 yet.

Jeff Hedman