Re: Tension Only "X Bracing

I believe the exception applies to hangars or warehouse type structures.  Single story, less than 35 feet tall, roof dead load < 20 psf...

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Brian Bossley <bsbossley(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:

There are some exemptions for single story lightweight roof systems in ASCE 7 that allow you to disregard the seismic detailing provisions of AISC 340, even in SDC D.