Minimum reinforcing in mat slab foundation

I am designing a buried structure to be used as a shelter.  The depth of the structure and the soil conditions have required the design of a mat foundation (my first).  Not having software that directly designs the mat, I have set up a model on Risa3D (I don’t have Risa Foundation yet).  I have checked punching shear and sized reinforcing for flexure.  What is the minimum temperature shrinkage requirements for the mat.  ACI 350 suggests some parameters based on joint spacing which I would like to do without.  But the ACI 350 suggestions require a lot of minimum steel and probably warranted.  The slab is 26 ft. x 54 ft. and will probably have no issues with groundwater.

Thanks, Joe

Joseph R. Grill, PE

Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC

email: VVEng(--nospam--at)cableone.net