From: SEAInt05(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Parking Structure Topping & Sealant
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:33:55 -0500

I’m putting together a written specifications and looking for help with some products.  I would like recommendations for the best product to use for concrete topping slab joint sealant on a parking garage type structure.  Also, any surface preparation and primer.  The surface is exposed to the sunlight.

I’m also looking for suggestions for the topping slab itself.  I have a double tee floor structure.  I’m planning on a 3” concrete topping, 4,000 psi, field poured.  I have specified a 0.40 w/c content, 4-6% air.  The location is Texas.

I would appreciate any sample written specifications that anyone may want to submit to me regarding the topping and sealant.

Thanks.

Rich