Re: Minimum reinforcing in mat slab foundation

I have checked for min. temp and shrinkage steel, which typically governs over bending and shear requirements in (thicker) mats.  So, I'll check for 0.0018 Ag.  For an 18" thick mat, for example, the minimum steel needed would be 0.0018*18"*12" = 0.39 in^2 per foot of mat width.  In that case, #4 @ 12"o.c., top & bottom.  Depending how thick, I've added intermediate steel.

No one has called me on it yet.