To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Shearwall-Frame Interaction System
From: byainc(--nospam--at)ca.rr.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:59:01 +0000

There is nothing in 97 UBC about this that I am aware of. However, if you want to look into more recent codes for guidance, you can look into section 12.2.5.10 of the ASCE 7-05, which requires the shear walls to resist at least 75 percent of story shear, and the frames to resist at least 25 percent of the shear at each level.

Ben Yousefi SE
Los Angeles, CA Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry