Re: TJL

Truss Joist sold this business to Red Built.  I contacted our local rep and he confirmed that they are probably open web trusses with a double pitched top chord.  There is a series of exhaust stacks that go through the ridge, so I knew there wasn't a ridge beam.  The trusses are top chord bearing and are supported on glulam beams.  He couldn't find the truss information in his database, so it appears that the contractor may have substituted these trusses with conventional wood trusses with gang nailed plates or another alternative.

Andrew Kester wrote:
Drew,
That is a truss from Trus Joist Macmillan, its been a while since I
dealt with their products and it looks like they are part of some type
of conglomerate now, it is a little confusing but this is their
website:

http://www.ilevel.com/aboutilevel/default.aspx

>From what I could tell, that is likely a parallel-chord truss with 2x
or similar wood chords and steel pipe webs.

Sounds like you have glulams for ridge beams and then these trusses
are supported at the ridge and exterior walls, forming a vaulted
ceiling? Then this product makes sense as it has the web spaces for
MEP.

Guessing the 14= 14 inch depth. I am sure their tech people can get
you the exact info, probably some tables, though it appears they may
not make it anymore as there was very little info on TJL.

HTH,
Andrew Kester, PE
Florida