From: Joseph R. Grill [mailto:vveng(--nospam--at)cableone.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 2:34 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: section properties for 2x t&g heavy timber decking

I thought this would be an easy search, but I can’t find section properties for t&g heavy timber decking.  I have formulas from AITC and load tables from AITC with some more related info from AITC 112 .  From the load span tables I am sure I will be O.K. with bending, but I want to check deflection with the formulas but I can’t find tables of section properties.  I could calculate from the diagrams in AITC 112, but just don’t want to this Sunday afternoon. Does anyone have a table of T&G decking section properties based on AITC 112?  I don’t know what the mfg/supplier will be at this time, but I can spec to AITC documents.

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, PE

Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC