stone veneer anchorage

Title: stone veneer anchorage

Hi,

I have 4 thick real (rubble) stone veneer on a CMU chimney in seismic zone D, and the architect tells me that the county is asking for an attachment detail I know the anchorage requirements have changed and probably are still changing.  Last time I dealt with it was several years ago and the MSJC requirements seemed like they were geared a lot more toward brick than stone (running wires through mortar joints between stones didnt seem like a good idea to me).  How is anyone dealing with this these days?

thanks,

Gordon Goodell