From: Thor Tandy [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 8:44 AM
To: SEAInt
Subject: Coupled Timber Shear Walls

I'm looking at trying to use a timber framed portal as a coupled shear wall.
The leg and "coupling beam" are of similar dimensions.

The standard deflection formulae are for single cantilevered shear walls.

Does anyone have (or can direct me to) a deflection equation for coupled
timber shear walls?

TIA

Victoria, BC
Canada