Rate of compensation for Structural Tech.

Hello,

I would like to take a straw poll of what some companies are paying Structural Technicians.

We are a small company with one full time tech and one part time tech. Our full time person recently asked if he could get profit sharing on some Revit projects we provided where there was little interaction with an Engineer. Further discussions revealed that his issue was really more about having an opinion regarding how the company chooses to spend its money on other things, such as hiring a new employee, cell phones for the Owners, a new car for one of the Owners which replaced a 10+ year-old junker, etc. Our Tech is good, has been with us 4.5 years, Wisconsin company, we pay 100% health insurance and 3% to company simple (like a 401K) regardless if he puts in a dime, also receives 15 paid days off in addition to typical holidays.

What is a fair going rate for hourly salary?

Email me directly or on the list.

Thanks,

mpuccio(--nospam--at)mpsqrd.com

Mark L. Puccio P.E., S.E.