RE: Neoprene pad to reduce sliding

I have done this some years ago for a department store chain.  We just used a rubber pad as opposed to neoprene.  We assumed that there was no way to resist design wind loads and tethered the antenna with cable to posts that were welded to the main frames.  The posts were treated as penetrations through the standing seam with flashing and counter flashing.  The antennas would require realignment following a significant wind event.

Regards, Harold Sprague

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:37:02 -0800
From: dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Neoprene pad to reduce sliding

I have a project where the client wants to put an antenna on the roof of a pre-manufactured building.  The roof siding is probably a standing seam roof.  We want to use a ballasted steel frame that will sit on the roof.  Can anyone recommend a rubber or neoprene coating to put on the bottom of the frame to increase the coefficient of friction and reduce sliding?